Instructional Technician, Visual Imaging
Oakland Schools Technical Campus – SW
September 11, 2015
Job Title: Instructional Technician, Visual Imaging
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: OTCEA Instructional Technician Salary Schedule
Performance Area: Instructional Services
Department: Oakland Schools Technical Campuses
Reports To: Dean, OS Technical Campus – SW
Position Summary: Provide academic and workplace skill instruction and instructional activities to Career Focused Education students under the direction of cluster instructors.
Essential Functions and Tasks:
• Assist and support the duties and responsibilities of the cluster instructors in the areas of Graphic Design, Animation, Multi-media, and Web Design.
• Provide instruction and instructional activities to Career Focused Education students under the direction of cluster instructors.
• Participate as an active cluster team member in all areas including Regional Cluster Meetings, Cluster Advisory Meetings, Building School Improvement Team and CFE related professional development.
• Monitor and document student learning, using the Oakland Schools, Career Focused Education Student Information System (SIS) through student assessment and evaluation activities.
• Assist the cluster/instructor with recordkeeping.
• Assist in communication activities with parents and Career Focused Education stakeholders.
• Assist and support activities of the Oakland Schools Technical Campus Support Staff (counselors, job placement, and academic support) as they service learners.
• Participate with staff and administration in planning, developing, and improving cluster and building level student and staff activities.
• Support and participate in building and region-wide events and activities.
• Utilize cluster, Oakland Schools CFE designated and enterprise-wide technology systems and applications to enhance and improve instructional delivery and student achievement. Integrate the application of technology as outlined in The Curriculum Framework Model Cluster Continuous Improvement Cycle (3-Year Cycle)
• Monitor students in and out of the classroom.
• Participate in organizational and staff development activities.
• Provide and maintain a safe and orderly learning environment; assist with general housekeeping and facility maintenance activities. Use, handle, store and properly dispose of hazardous materials.
• Associate’s Degree preferred.
• Licensing and/or certifications may be required in some clusters.
• Two or more years of related experience.
• Ability to properly utilize tools and equipment necessary in providing instruction to students. The incumbent is also required to properly operate required office equipment such as a personal computer.
Ten month work year. Salary based on the OTCEA Instructional Technician’s Salary Schedule.
Letters of interest and resumes will be accepted until filled.
Go to www.oakland.k12.mi.us/ohrc , Click “View all Open Positions in OHRC Districts”.
Click “Broken Down by District”. Click “Oakland Schools”.
Click on Desired Position and click on “Apply” button in the upper right corner and follow prompts.
Oakland Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation (subject to the limits of applicable law), age, or disability in its programs, services, activities or employment. Inquiries related to employment discrimination should be directed to the Assistant Superintendent for HR, Personnel Management and Labor Relations at 248.209.2429, 2111 Pontiac Lake Road 48328-2736. For all other inquires related to discrimination, contact the Director of Legal Affairs at 248.209.2062, 2111 Pontiac Lake Road 48328-2736.