Instructional Technician, Construction Technology
Oakland Schools Technical Campus – NE (Pontiac)
July 24, 2017
Job Title: Instructional Technician, Construction Technology
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: OTCEA Instructional Technician Salary Schedule
Performance Area: Instructional Services
Department: Oakland Schools Technical Campuses
Reports To: Dean, OS Technical Campus NE
Position Summary: Provide technical academic and workplace skill instruction and instructional activities to Career Focused Education students under the direction of cluster instructors in Construction Technology.
Essential Functions and Tasks:
• Assist and support the duties and responsibilities of the cluster instructors.
• Provide instruction and instructional activities to Career Focused Education students under the direction of cluster instructors.
• Participate as an active cluster team member in all areas including Regional Cluster Meetings, Cluster Advisory Meetings, Building School Improvement Team and CFE related professional development.
• Monitor and document student learning, using the Oakland Schools, Career Focused Education Student Information System (SIS) through student assessment and evaluation activities.
• Assist the cluster/instructor with recordkeeping.
• Assist in communication activities with parents and Career Focused Education stakeholders.
• Assist and support activities of the Oakland Schools Technical Campus Support Staff (counselors, job placement, and academic support) as they service learners.
• Participate with staff and administration in planning, developing, and improving cluster and building level student and staff activities.
• Support and participate in building and region-wide events and activities.
• Work cooperatively with cluster team members for maximum utilization of Universal Time to assess monitor, and improve the learning environment and process within the cluster as guided by Regional School Improvement plans and the Curriculum and Innovation Cycle.
• Monitor students in and out of the classroom.
• Participate in organizational and staff development activities.
• Provide and maintain a safe and orderly learning environment; assist with general housekeeping and facility maintenance activities. Use, handle, store and properly dispose of hazardous materials.
• Associate’s Degree preferred.
• Licensure/certification may be required based upon cluster assignment.
• Two or more years of recent and relevant work experience preferred.
• Ability to properly utilize tools and equipment necessary in providing instruction to students. The incumbent is also required to properly operate required office equipment such as a personal computer.
In addition to the qualification requirements set forth in this job description, the incumbent is also required to meet the “Key Work Competencies” expectations of Oakland Schools.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by his/her supervisor.
Ten month work year. Salary based on the Oakland Technical Center Education Association Instructional Technician Salary Schedule.
Application Deadline: Letters of interest and resumes will be accepted until August 7, 2017 or until filled.
Go to www.oakland.k12.mi.us/ohrc , Click “View all Open Positions in OHRC Districts”.
Click “Broken Down by District”., Click “Oakland Schools”.
Click on Desired Position and click on “Apply” button in the upper right corner and follow prompts. For questions on the posting, email Shelly.Wolski@oakland.k12.mi.us.
Oakland Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation (subject to the limits of applicable law), age, genetic information, or disability in its programs, services, activities or employment opportunities. Inquiries related to employment discrimination should be directed to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, Personnel Management and Labor Relations at 248.209.2429. Title IX complaints should be directed to the Manager/Supervisor, Career Focused Education at 248.209.2160. For all other inquiries related to discrimination, contact the Executive Director of Legal Affairs at 248.209.2062. All complaints may be addressed to 2111 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford, MI 48328-2736. For all other inquiries related to discrimination, contact the Executive Director of Legal Affairs at 248.209.2062. All complaints may be addressed to 2111 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford, MI 48328-2736.
• If you are selected for a first round interview, Oakland Schools will contact you via telephone after the initial posting closing date. Resumes submitted on or prior to the initial posting closing date will be given first consideration. Should you have any questions regarding the posting, please contact Shelly Wolski.