Category: High School Teaching – Career Tech Ed/Instructor
Date Posted: 6/15/2016
Location: Kent ISD Kent Career Technical Center
Date Closing: 06/24/2016 @ 4pm
Job Title: Instructor – Exploring Health Careers
Kent Career Tech Center
The Health Careers Instructor shall deliver the State of Michigan Curriculum as regulated by the Michigan Department of Education to students in the Health Careers program for Kent Career Technical Center.
1. Bachelor’s degree and Interim Occupational Certificate or Occupational Education Certificate in Health/ Therapeutic Services (CIP Code 51.000) with appropriate industry licensure.
2. OR, if no Occupational Certificate (IOC) 4,000 hours of paid recent (last 6 years) and relevant work experience in Healthcare and current appropriate licensure.
3. Prefer valid Michigan Professional/ Provisional Teacher Certification in a related science.
4. Communication, organizational, and networking skills required.
5. Must possess excellent organizational skills, technology skills, be detail and team oriented, and have excellent communication skills.
6. Experience working with high school age students and diverse student population, preferred.
7. Must meet State and Federal certification requirements and be BLS CPR certified.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Instruct students by lecturing, demonstrating, and using audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement presentations.
2. Develop project based learning experiences and effectively integrate lab equipment into student learning and assessment.
3. Assign lessons and correct homework.
4. Administer tests to evaluate pupil progress, record results, and issue reports to inform parents of progress.
5. Keep attendance records.
6. Maintain a positive system of classroom management.
7. Meet with parents to discuss student progress and problems.
8. Participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
9. Perform related duties such as sponsoring one or more activities or student organizations, assisting pupils in selecting course of study, and counseling student in adjustment and academic problems.
10. Facilitate work based learning experiences for students (field trips, job shadows, internships, job placement).
11. Promote and market the Health Careers program and overall KCTC programs.
12. Provide evaluation and development of the Health Careers curriculum.
13. Insure a safe lab and classroom environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Salary: Per Master Agreement
Benefits: Excellent benefit package includes medical, dental, vision; sick and personal days; State of Michigan School Employment retirement program
Posting Dates: 6/15/2016 – 6/24/2016 @ 4pm
To Apply: Kent Intermediate School District manages employment applications online. No hardcopy applications/resumes will be accepted for this position.
• Applications must be completed online at www.applitrack.com/kent/onlineapp
• Please note, due to the large number of applications, we are unable to attend to e-mail or telephone inquiries on application status.
• All candidates will be timely notified regarding their application status.
The final candidate for this position will be required (at their cost) to furnish Kent Intermediate School District with a current Michigan State Police and FBI criminal records LiveScan check prior to our recommendation to hire.
It is the policy of the Kent ISD School Board that no student, staff member or candidate for any position in the District shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, ancestry, age, gender/sex, sexual orientation, marital status, height, weight, veteran status, political belief or physical/mental disability which does not impair their ability to perform adequately in the individual’s particular position or activity, excluded from participation in, denied the benefit of, or to be subjected to discrimination in any program or activity for which the Kent ISD School Board is responsible for or receives financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Education. The Coordinator for Title IX, Section 504, the Age Discrimination Act and Title II is: Coni Sullivan, Esq., Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources and Legal Services.