DATE OF POSITION OPENING: August 2017
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: Provide instruction to high school age students, independently and in groups, in designated curricular areas of the Construction field to include, but not limited to: Framing, Cement/Block/Masonry, Carpentry, HVAC, Plumbing,and Electrical.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Recent practical work experience and background in the Construction industry with knowledge of the latest industry technology and practices and ability to teach students in classroom, lab, and on-site settings.
1. Must meet minimum teacher qualifications to teach state-approved CTE Construction program:
a. Must hold a CTE certification with the proper endorsements to teach Construction
b. Must have Michigan Provisional/Professional/Continuing Teaching Certificate with appropriate Endorsement/CIPs
2. Must hold current State of Michigan Contractors license
3. Must have a positive attitude and be able to positively relate to all student types, staff, administrators, parents, agency staff, vendors, and advisory committee members with a demonstrated knowledge and practice of appropriate human relations skills.
4. Must be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Demonstrated competencies in working with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel) Google software (Mail, Drive, Docs), and ability to learn related software (PowerSchool, etc.).
WAGES AND BENEFITS: According to Professional Staff contract
HOURS TO BE WORKED: 8 hours daily
CALENDAR: Professional staff school year
For information on how to apply, visit http://www.sturgisps.org/cms/One.aspx?portalId=396556&pageId=2051315